April was a tough month for our family. My Granddaddy, Ben Bryant Elliott, graduated to heaven after 88 years on this world. He was a family man, Korean War vet, deputy sheriff, electrician, amateur inventor, and inspiration to many. We’ll miss him and I can’t wait to see him on the other side. Life for our large, close-knit extended family will be notably different without its patriarch. We are most deeply grieved for Nana, who is dealing with the loss of her husband of 67 years in the midst of developing dementia.
On a bittersweet note, Granddaddy’s homegoing meant we got to spend Passover and Resurrection Sunday in Tennessee with friends, family, and ministry partners. We treasured seeing many of you as we celebrated the reason that death has lost its sting. Jesus is so sweet to us.
We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who have no hope.
– 1 Thessalonians 4:13
Here are some other highlights from what I’ve been working on.
- Granbury: Our second celebration of the season was filled with moving worship, powerful testimonies, gospel preaching, and fantastic food. The Lord blessed IC with about $86,000 in gifts to mobilize national-to-national projects among indigenous churches.
- Nerdy stuff: I’ve been working on boosting our social media engagement and tweaking the website for SEO optimization to reach more people with stories and missions opportunities.
- Fundraising: Our ministry partner team is growing! One new team member will cover airfare for some of my projects, which is a huge blessing to me and to IC. We’re still looking for two or three key sustaining partners with $500 or $1,000 monthly gifts to get us back to budget and allow us to do more local ministry. If you know someone who might be interested in joining our Great Commission work, we’d appreciate an introduction.
- Celebrations: Our North Carolina celebration dinner will be held in Clemmons on May 12.
- Trip: My next international project will be in Tema, Ghana in July. Come join me! I know it’s short notice, but there’s still time to raise funds to go if you follow the Lord in faith — and I’ll do what I can to help. Let me know if you’re interested brave enough!
STORYTIME! (Here’s another one from Cuba)
Thanks again for all of your support and prayers. We depend on your prayers as we serve the Lord here and abroad. Please let us know how we can bless and pray for you.