I recently had the privilege of interviewing Katherine, who has been on mission with International Commission projects since she was four years old. Hear why she’s making disciples among the young and old in South America and how God can use you, too.
I’ve met many inspiring people like Katherine since I’ve been in ministry with International Commission, and it’s a great privilege to share their stories with the world. Her story is an encouraging reminder that Jesus can use anyone and that it’s important to raise up younger generations of disciples to be disciplemakers themselves.
Here’s how the Lord is using us:
- Web development: The new organization website is still a work in progress, but we’ve been developing the new fundraising pages for projects, participants, and staff. Some of those are live and will build into the new site once it launches.
- This month, I interviewed a few of our international staff members and partners during their visits to the office and have shared some of their testimonies and stories online and at our celebration dinner events.
- At celebration dinners, guests are treated to a meal, special music, ministry updates, testimonies, and an invitation for involvement in our work. I’ve had the privilege of traveling with our office staff to help set up a couple of these events and meet more of IC’s partners and participants.
- Office geekery:
- I’ve continued to work on on tweaking our videoconferencing setup and finally settled on utilizing GoToMeeting to help keep our staff connected for meetings and devotionals.
- We still have data management projects ongoing as we implement new tools, so please pray those go smoothly.
- Trip: I’ll head out with our Ukraine project team this week and I’m very excited to do what I love most: sharing Jesus with new international friends. I’ll also be toting along a new video kit to capture what God does during the week. Following the project, I’ll catch a train with a few of the team members to Lviv, where I’ll interview pastors and participants of recent projects in that city. I’ll be staying with missionary friends of mine, The Blessings.
- Ministry Partner Development: It’s been about a year since I began the journey of building a ministry partner team, and it’s time again to concentrate on inviting more monthly partners to join me in ministry. Please pray that the Lord will send the right people to invest in this work. If YOU feel led to become a monthly financial partner, you can sign up here.
- We’ve joined a new small group at church and are still working on making connections there and in our neighborhood. Please pray for our relationship-building!
- Ella is enjoying a kids’ missions program at church called Operation Impact Kids, where she has opportunities to serve the community in a variety of ways.
- Evie and Maisy are beginning to make friends at church and have started preschool at home.
- Evie is enrolled and excelling in gymnastics. Pray that this will be a venue for more relationship-building.
We’re so grateful for your continued support and prayers. Please let me know how my family and I can be praying for you.