I am not usually an emotionally unstable person, but this has been a rollercoaster week.
- A lot of Americans care about Haiti right now, but Canada’s military beat ours to Jacmel.
- The world ignored Jacmel until yesterday, but the church was there all along.
- My home away from home is mostly destroyed, but my friends there are all OK.
- Bureaucracy makes things – like helping victims (earthquake survivors, sex slaves, orphans) or shipping food to desperate areas – way more difficult than it should be.
- Haiti’s adoption policies are very restrictive (we apparently are too young to adopt), but they relaxed the laws for already-matched families.
- I broke my toe. God healed my toe!
- Prostitutes are slaves, they are in my city, and their vile rapists include executives and clergy.
- God made a way where there was no way, and His sovereign provision is amazing!