1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got a tattoo, went kosher, learned how to put my hair in a pony tail, visited Key West, bought a car, donated a car, saw a friend on American Idol, survived a hurricane, visited someone in a psych ward, read the Bible from Genesis-Revelation in one year, rode the bus to work, started a carpool. I also discovered RedBox this year. It is beautiful.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn’t really set a specific goal, but resolved to pursue holiness more proactively. I have done that, and plan to continue improving my diligence in stewardship.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep! Kelly had Matthew, our 2nd Nephew.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not exactly, but someone dear to me lost her mother 😦
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I like to think that I am quite content, but honestly I would prefer to have a permanent full-time position with benefits.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Seriously, I am terrible at remembering dates. But I will probably recall November 4.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing huge, but here are a few: Haiti was quite an adventure. I took part in a big shoot. I read the Bible cover to cover. It was fun to see one of my videos shown at an arena concert. I won my office American Idol pool.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t dwell on them, so I’m not sure. However, there are some things I intended to be more proactive about.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had wicked strep and got dehydrated.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
iPod Touch, by far!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Politicians. The ACLU. Planned Parenthood. Many Christians…especially those who neglected wisdom and prophecy relevant to the Todd Bentley situation and those who voted pro-abortion.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I wish most of it went to the poor, but probably toward bills and gas. Kimmie would know better since she does our budget. Props!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Dark Knight.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I’m not going to lie: Love Story by Taylor Swift, because it’s been played so many times and I have a memory attached to it. My friend Frady and I were wandering around Fan Fair one day – sneaking into things and what not – and we happened to walk outside to the Ryman steps just before the song’s first live “surprise” public debut. But I don’t have to explain myself to you. Say what you will.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?
As I grow to know and love my wife, friends, family, and Saviour better I get progressively happier. I believe I’m more in shape than last year, but according to Wii Fit the holidays were treacherous to me. I’m much richer in the things that matter, but probably about the same financially.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Serving the poor, romancing my wife, reading, cooking, hiking.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching TV, procrastinating.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We drove to Key West to spend time with Kimmie’s side of the family!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Every day (+10 brownie points).
22. How many one-night stands?
Many. With my wife. Rawr! (-11 brownie points)
23. What was your favorite TV program?
It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I most enjoy American Idol, Smallville, Heroes, Mythbusters, and Lost.
24. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
I cannot think of anyone I dislike personally, but there are people whose behavior and actions bother me.
25. What was the best book you read?
I really do love the Word, and I’m not saying that to be corny. Besides that, though, Two Nations Under God by Tom Doyle is thought-provoking.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably After Edmund.
27. What did you want and get?
iPod Touch, Ford Focus, some video games, miniHD camera, a 615 number. I also got to know some friends better, got some fun gigs and other opportunities, visited Hands & Feet, got home from Haiti after the hurricane!
28. What did you want and not get?
I originally wanted the iPhone, but didn’t want to pay for AT&T. I also thought I might get a full-time position here at LifeWay, but so far I’m still a temp after over 2 years.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Horton Hears a Who!, Prince Caspian, Cloverfield, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Sweeney Todd. Haven’t seen Valkyrie yet, but I’m hoping to love it.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
23, and I think I just hung out with some friends in Cookeville.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
An end to legal abortion in the United States.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfortable, fun, and functional.
33. What kept you sane?
Definitely Yeshua and my wife.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably Heath Ledger for his take on the Joker. Sigh.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Grandparents, friends around the world.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
What a weird question. I met a few people, and I like them all.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
If you don’t store up your treasures here on Earth, you won’t be as disappointed when they’re gone. Invest in eternity.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Wake up you sleepy heads get out of bed | If we make some noise we’ll wake the dead”
–Wake the Dead by Family Force 5